About Thomas J. Simeone
Download Attorney vCard Email Attorney
Thomas J. Simeone is a trial attorney and managing partner at Simeone &
Miller. Mr. Simeone appeared on MSNBC in regard to a client of his who
filed a civil rights action against the Library of Congress. He has appeared
as a legal commentator on Fox News on several occasions. He appeared in
the Washington Post in regard to the settlement of a federal class action
suit brought on behalf of disabled persons and on WJLA Channel 7 and Univision
in regard to a wrongful death case he filed on behalf of two unarmed men
who were shot by an off duty police officer. He has also appeared in The
New York Times, The Philadelphia Inquirer, ESPN.com, and TheSportingNews.com.
In 1999, Mr. Simeone was WUSA Channel 9's "Newsmaker of the Day"
for a class action case he filed against PEPCO. He has been interviewed
by radio stations WMAL in Washington and WHPC-FM in New York and on cable
television station CTV-15 in Washington.
The Harvard Law Review described a class action settlement that Mr. Simeone
negotiated as "historic." (Vol. 118, No. 5) and the federal
judge in the case described the settlement as "groundbreaking."
Mr. Simeone was a featured speaker in a panel discussion on civil rights
at the 20th International Convention held by Self-Help for Hard of Hearing
People, an international advocacy group.
Mr. Simeone has served as lead trial counsel in several cases resulting
in large jury verdicts and settlements, in both state and federal court,
including class actions, automobile accidents, slip and falls, medical
malpractice, product liability, employment law and civil rights
He is admitted to practice before the state and federal courts of the District
of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, as well as the United States Supreme
Court. He is also a member of the District of Columbia Trial Lawyers Association.
Before starting Simeone & Miller, LLP, Mr. Simeone was a partner at
Cohen & Cohen and an associate attorney with Shaw, Pittman, Potts
& Trowbridge (now Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman) in Washington,
D.C. At Cohen & Cohen, Mr. Simeone supervised the firm's litigation
practice and was lead trial attorney for a caseload of sophisticated personal
injury and civil rights matters. At Shaw Pittman, Mr. Simeone worked in
the firm's litigation department on cases involving securities law,
commercial litigation, criminal law, and energy law.
Awards & Distinctions
Named in the “500 leading Plaintiff Lawyers” in the United
Superlawyers® - 2012 through 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- National Trial Lawyers Association “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Washington,
- Justice Fellow in the American Academy of Medical Experts
- AV Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 10 out of 10 rating by Avvo.com
- Appeared on Fox News, MSNBC and Univision
Memberships & Activities
- Adjunct Professor at The George Washington University Law School
- American Associate of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants
- American Association for Justice
- Trial Lawyers Association of Washington, DC
Columbia University School of Law
- Three Time Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Editor, Columbia Journal of Law & Social Problems
- Dean’s List (Six Semesters)
- School of Management’s Dean’s Advisory Board
- New York State Society of C.P.A’s Career Placement Award