DC Legal Malpractice Attorney
Was Your Lawyer Negligent? Let Us Help You Take Action.
Generally speaking, legal malpractice is the same as attorney negligence.
Legal malpractice occurs when an attorney fails to comply with the standard
of care expected of a lawyer in the same or similar circumstances. If
an attorney does not live up to the standard of care, and their client
suffers economic damages as a result, they can be held accountable.
Common examples of legal malpractice include, but are not limited to:
- Failing to file a lawsuit within the statute of limitations
- Incorrectly or carelessly drafting important legal documents
- Failing to provide notices necessary for the prosecution of a claim
- Failing to obtain necessary evidence and/or retain necessary experts
- Settling a claim for too little, against their client’s best interest
While lawyers are often joked about, many do a good job for their clients
and perform a useful and necessary role in society. When they make an
error, however, it can have serious consequences. If you believe that
your lawyer or another legal professional, such as a paralegal, committed
legal malpractice, contact Simeone & Miller, LLP immediately.
How to Prove Your Legal Malpractice Claim
In order to prove a legal malpractice claim, you must be able to establish that:
- An attorney-client relationship existed (i.e. you were owed a duty of care)
- The attorney breached the duty he or she owed you as their client
- The attorney’s negligence or wrongdoing caused you to suffer damages
Reliable Advocacy from a Law Firm You Can Trust
We get it – you might be hesitant to trust another lawyer. However,
there are many reasons why you can trust Simeone & Miller, LLP. We have
over 1,000 reviews from happy clients, and we are highly regarded in the legal community.
We've been included in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Washington, D.C.
and the 500 Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in the United States.
We are members of the
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, and we have earned an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®. Furthermore,
a class action settlement we handled was recognized as "historic"
by the Harvard Law Review. Our legal team is widely respected, so you
can feel good about relying on us to deal with your legal malpractice case.
To learn more, contact Simeone & Miller, LLP to
schedule a FREE case evaluation.