Washington DC Medication Error Lawyer
When You’ve Been Wronged, We Make It Right.
According to recent statistics, approximately 1.5 million people are injured
by medication errors each year in the U.S. When the wrong type of medication
is administered, or a patient is given an improper dosage, the consequences
can be devastating. If you have been injured by the negligence of your
doctor or pharmacist, you have rights. Learn more by contacting the Washington
DC medical malpractice attorneys at Simeone & Miller, LLP today.
Determining Liability for Your Injuries
In order to prove that a medication error caused your injuries, or contributed
to the death of your loved one, you will need to be able to establish
that a doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other healthcare professional erred
in prescribing or administering the drug. This can be difficult to do
without the help of an experienced
personal injury lawyer, which is why we encourage you to discuss your options with the team at
Simeone & Miller, LLP.
Did you experience complications as a result of a medication error? If
so, you may be entitled to compensation.
Call our office today for a free, no-risk consultation.
How Do Medication Errors Happen?
When doctors, nurses, and pharmacists fail to follow the proper procedures
for prescribing and administering medications, the patient is the one
who suffers the consequences. Sadly, medication errors will often result
in serious, life-threatening, or even fatal, side effects.
Some of the most common medication mistakes include:
- A doctor or nursing administers the wrong type of medication
- A doctor or nursing administers an improper dose of medication
- A doctor prescribes a medication that the patient is allergic to
- A pharmacist mixes up one patient’s prescription with another’s
- A doctor or nurse administers medication to the wrong patient
- A doctor fails to address adverse side effects from a medication
- A doctor prescribes a dangerous combination of medications
If you were given the wrong type or dose of medication, or your doctor
failed to prescribe needed medication, you may have grounds to file a
medical malpractice claim. We can help you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost
income, and pain and suffering.
Get Started with a Free, No-Risk Consultation
If you have been injured, we should be your next call. Here’s why:
- You don’t pay unless we win – no recovery, no fee
- We have over 1,000+ testimonials from satisfied clients
- We’ve been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients
- We will start your case with a FREE, no-risk evaluation
Call our firm for the help you need –
your initial consultation is free.