Washington DC Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
When You’ve Been Wronged, We Make it Right.
Why should you hire Simeone & Miller, LLP? Consider the following:
- Our team has recovered millions of dollars in compensation
- You won’t pay any legal fees unless we win your case
- We have been recommended by 1,000+ satisfied clients
- We’ll start your case with a FREE, no-obligation consultation
When you place your loved one under the care of a nursing home facility,
you trust that they will be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion.
It may never cross your mind that your family member could be abused or
neglected by those who have been entrusted with their care. Yet, sadly,
this is a reality for hundreds of thousands of seniors across the country.
If you have reason to believe that your loved one has been abused or neglected,
now is the time to take action. Contact the Washington DC injury attorneys
at Simeone & Miller, LLP to learn more about your rights and legal
options. Our team will review your case in a free, no-obligation consultation,
so you would have nothing to lose by giving us a call today.
Wrongful Death from Nursing Home Abuse
In nursing homes, wrongful death can be the result of abuse and neglect.
If you lost a loved one to a negligent nursing home, you can seek financial
compensation on your loved one’s behalf. In Washington DC, a representative
of the victim’s estate can initiate a claim. To file a successful
wrongful death claim, you must be able to prove that the care of the nursing
home not only breached the accepted standard, but also resulted in the
death of your loved one. Because nursing home residents often have pre-existing
medical conditions, it’s important to work with an attorney who
can investigate and prove the death wasn’t caused by these conditions,
but by negligent care.
Examples of Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
Nursing home abuse is not just limited to physical abuse. Elder abuse can
also take place in the form of emotional abuse, financial exploitation,
sexual abuse, and neglect.
Common examples of nursing home abuse include:
- Immobile patients are not moved or rotated, leading to bed sores
- Residents who are at a risk of falling are not properly supervised
- Residents who suffer from dementia wander out of the facility
- Residents are not given the proper dosage or type of medication
- Residents are deprived of basic necessities, like food and water
- Life-threatening medical conditions are ignored by staff members
Recognizing the Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
While some signs of nursing home abuse are obvious, others can go undetected.
In order to stop or prevent further abuse, you will need to know how to
spot the signs.
Some of the most common signs of elder abuse include:
- Unexplained bruises, lacerations, sprains, or bone fractures
- Sudden changes in behavior, such as agitation or depression
- Tension between staff members and the nursing home resident
- Poor personal hygiene, soiled bedding, or signs of malnutrition
- Signs of over-medication or, alternatively, under-medication
- Noticeably hazardous or unsanitary living conditions
Don’t Wait to Act – Call Simeone & Miller, LLP Today
Nursing home abuse, in any form, is simply inexcusable. If your loved one
was mistreated while under the care of a nursing home, assisted living
facility, or private caretaker, it is important that you take action immediately.
With the help of a
Washington DC personal injury lawyer from Simeone & Miller, LLP, LLP, you can fight to hold the responsible
Contact our office today at (202) 888-0872 to
schedule your free consultation.