Injured in a Car Accident in DC?
Get Help from the Nation's Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Simeone & Miller is a personal injury law firm that serves individuals
hurt in car accidents in the Washington DC area. We have helped many injury
victims recover compensation for the most complex and devastating car
accident cases. Our lawyers are dedicated and have a long history of successful
Why Hire Our Firm?
Personal attention directly from our lawyers
Close collaboration - you are involved in every step
High-quality counsel - we have recovered millions of dollars
Proven strategies - we put your needs first
Contingency fee promise - no recovery, no fee!
What to Do After a Car Accident
Every car accident case is different, but some of the first steps you should
take after an accident include:
- Gather any evidence you have that might help your attorney win your case.
- Keep a written record of what happened. Compile photographs too, if you
- Get the contact information and names of the negligent driver and any witnesses
who saw the accident.
- Speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you get legal help,
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
Washington DC has a statute of limitations of three years from the date
of the injury to file a claim. This applies to the driver, passenger,
pedestrian or bicyclist involved in the accident.
The statutue of limitations is different if the accident resulted in someone's
death. The family or a representative of the deceased has only two years
to file a
wrongful death lawsuit.
Why Do I Need an Attorney?
A motor vehicle accident can be a serious, life-changing event. When you're
injured in a car accident,
you need a legal advocate on your side who will help you:
- Obtain the quality medical care you need
- Contact and negotiate with the insurance companies and responsible parties
- Gather the evidence necessary to pursue your claim
- Resolve medical and health insurance liens
- Take the mystery and aggravation out of receiving a fair settlement
Unfortunately, negligent drivers and insurance companies often do everything
in their power to reduce your award or even deny responsibility. You need
a Washington DC personal injury attorney who is just as experienced, knowledgeable,
and aggressive as the other side.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
What Should You Do Next? Call (202) 888-0872!
If you're injured in a car accident, obtaining compensation is more
complicated now than ever before. You'll likely face a hostile insurance
company, mounting medical bills, missed time from work and - most importantly
- the pain of a serious injury. As a victim, you may be entitled to benefits
from more than one person, including your own insurance company.
Unfortunately, more and more often, insurance companies are refusing to
settle valid claims and may even give out lowball offers, forcing injured
people to file a lawsuit. You deserve a qualified professional who can
protect your rights and serve your best interests. Give Simeone &
Miller, LLP a call today for a superior automobile injury advocacy.
Begin your car accident case with a
free case review with a member of our legal team. We are proud to serve clients in Washington
DC, Maryland, and Virginia.